7 Things I would change in Helldivers

Hai,
I wanted to share my thought and a few suggestions for either Helldivers or if possible Helldivers 2.

1. Weapon Variety/Ammo. Currently you are somewhat limited with good weapons (mostly shotguns) because of the lack of ammo (without ammo stratagem) and the punishment for reloading/ammo supply. A lot of players tend to go for the laser weapons because you can go entire missions without reloading. Personally Im a LMG fan here but I want to see more weapons, especially online, or just feel like any weapon can be used for an entire mission. Yes I understand the idea of having infinite railgun ammo is a bit to much but then why cant we have a perk for 2 weapons?
Q. Can we have a system that doesn’t bottleneck because of the INFINITE amount of enemies. If you use the random loadout like I do. You can clearly see that weapons can be the sole reason you cant complete a mission.

2. Multiplayer Screen. The issue of being killed because a teammate wanted to/was forced to go a different way then you, causing you to go off screen and die. Not to mention being shot from enemies off screen because of the team being spread out. Not being able to see your surrounding is always a gamble.
Q. Can each player be given a localized camera? Better yet the the ability to split up. Because it is completely possible to be split up because of terrain/enemies/last second decisions. Even with communication, let alone randoms.

3. Vehicles/V-Damage/Accessibility,

• Tank: Currently the tank use both sticks to accomplish the same thing the left stick and R2 can do more comfortably. Also Rotating a tank, you cant run over someone. you have to go forward or backwards to actually dmg something
  • Vehicle Damage (mostly enemy vehicles): Spawning in the air/below our vehicle causing it to instantly explode. How are we supposed to fight that? Why does our vehicle take so much dmg from a bite/shocke/fist. When we cant shoot a tank to death? Thank you for making it easier to run enemies over without losing vehicle health every time, like it used to be.
  • Accessibility: the issue of using a vehicle either solo or as the last survivor. Having to get out to change seats is a death sentence.
    Q. Is there anyway to make vehicles less hindrance and benefit you and your team? Can we have a swap seat button for all vehicles?

4 Spawning, Example 1, starting a Level 8 - Very hard mission having a tank spawn within 30 seconds of landing before any other enemy types are called in. Example 2. Destroying an armored enemy for it to spawn 5 seconds later, where is the cooldown? Example 3, watching an enemy spawn on my screen and instantly calling for reinforcements. A lot of this is looking at cyborgs. They are the worst for me at least.
Q. Why is difficulty just enemy spam? Can we get a system that is like threat level. Calling higher ranked enemies per level difficulty. Also why are Bug Impaler and Tank world level 4+ spawnables? (Im pretty sure its 4 as the lowest)

1. Alarms. This is mostly to do with enemy constantly spawning and always heading towards the player. Also the issue of how fast enemies can call for back up can be frustrating because the enemy spamming issue
    Q. What if there was a limit on enemy reinforcement more like waves. Can Enemies have a longer animation, like imagine a radiomen kneeling down to call in? Not just just and instant call for reinforcements.

2. Perks/Stratagems. Weapons/Weapon attachments/Armors should be option in the armory. Giving the players an option to customize playstyles/loadouts can help add more variations to a mission. Not to mention perks, Perks should be options that changes how a mission will play.
    Q. Can we have a system that is more of a loadout for what we bring in, set of perks (2-3) that changes the playstyle, and stratagems that are equipment for said playstyles, and weapons/armor/gear

3. Worlds/Maps.
    Q. Can we have more options. The swamp, desert, volcano, snowy areas are fine. The city map is fun, but more specialized environments for each enemy race. Just having simple theme based objectives gives you very little when every world looks exactly the same. Not to mention homeworlds. They dont really feel different from a normal mission. With the illuminate you get to see the city tile set but that isnt to often.

Suggestion.

• Enemy Types, Imagine it was tied to the enemy threat system I was asking for earlier. Having a variation for each enemy type that looks different that also allowed for more options would be the so much fun.
  • Example: The Cyborgs, flare color calls in specific enemies? Different colored armor lets you know what kind of enemy you are looking at. Color could mean, more health, more armor, faster, different weapons. Stuff that really makes enemies random and adds a the enemy pool that can spawn. Instead of just going back to enemy spam.
  • Example: The Bugs, different shell colors tell you is its a drone or a guard within the types we have currently, implying more health, speed or whatever else. Scouts that move really fast, or slower with more health.
  • Enemies per world, Snowy Worlds. Spawn flamethrowers. Deserts spawn Cyro gel, Volcano spawns Acid thrower. All color coordinated. Heavier armor on enemies that walk slower. We can put on armor why cant they? Less armor to run faster?

I apologize for making this so long, but I could go on and on about stuff I would ask for. Because I love random, I wish it can be that. That fresh feeling were you adapt to the situation, not the same thing everyday. Even if none of this happens I still want to say thank you for making something I am happy writing about. I love doing this, sharing any and every idea is always a blast. So hopefully this can reach someone that can see the same world I can. Here’s hope and liberty.

Explosive / Detonating weapons hitting low relief collision and killing the player. Countless times I’ve seen players with Rumblers imploding when firing over small rocks. I’d like to see this addressed.

[quote=“Zaxam, post:1, topic:1842”]
2. Multiplayer Screen . The issue of being killed because a teammate wanted to/was forced to go a different way then you, causing you to go off screen and die. Not to mention being shot from enemies off screen because of the team being spread out. Not being able to see your surrounding is always a gamble.
Q. Can each player be given a localized camera? Better yet the the ability to split up. Because it is completely possible to be split up because of terrain/enemies/last second decisions. Even with communication, let alone randoms.
[/quote]I like this idea, and I’d suggested something slightly similar with the idea of little mini-monitors of a fallen Helldivers and his immediate vicinity, just enough to “see” what your status is and be able to perform an action or crawl in the correct direction. :slight_smile:

I guess this is all moot because the Secret Project is supposedly new IP and not Helldivers, and nothing further on Helldivers seems planned.

Still nice to dream about it. :slight_smile:

Havent you heard of the recent Nvidia leak?