Add the saber

Most (or some) of the community would like the saber in the galactic campaign, and I would too! I think it would make a good primary weapon. I think it would be amazing if we could spend research points on it to add a fire effect, poison effect, or shock/electric effect. That would be a nice touch to the game. You could also make it a stratagem or a perk. It would be a nice weapon to have if you run out of ammo, or if you don’t have the ammo stratagem equipped. I don’t mind the weapon being a dlc, because then you could possibly add a new armor, a new perk, and a new stratagem to go with the weapon as a dlc add on. I hope you guys read this🙃.

2 Likes

I agree we would like Saber to be a pickable primary weapon, but the weapon breaks the frame a bit too much, mostly because it’s a melee weapon and enemies are designed to be dealt from the distance.

Also, that would create a potential problem with the players and they would just run into the fire line of the other players with standard weapons.

3 Likes

Is there anyway you could buff the weapon to make it easier to kill enemies without it being to overpowered?

I thought about a heavy swing attack; that’s an alternative attack with a cooldown that extends the range by twice. The cooldown would be displayed inside Saber’s icon (comparable to the animation for all reloadable weapons).

Not sure how tough it would be to implement.

1 Like

It should be added just for the sheer chaos it would bring xD

I think it would fit in well as a primary weapon. Would work as is tbh.

3 Likes

Maybe have the players hold R2 for a heavy swing attack.

I will be glad if the saber can be chosen as a perk to replace the default pistol .But I don’t think that the saber for now is enough to be a primary weapon.Besides,I still insist it’s fool to add a melee weapon in a top-down shooting game with friendly fire.

1 Like

The bayonet with the strong arm buff is basically a saber (albeit not as cool).

1 Like

If you guys want to stab, slash and poke stuff so badly, you should be playing Arrowhead’s Gauntlet instead. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

what about a secondary block mechanic? like maybe theres a stamina bar to it that gets reduced by each melee attack blocked (recharges overtime) or maybe a fully upgraded block forms a front facing shield that can block a limited amount of projectiles from the front?