Current state of Illuminate

I’m glad we can finally fight something that doesn’t reverse my controls every 5s… I can take the energy barriers, shields, and deathrays…

But the number of times I saw a whole squad wipe because everyone gets spammed with reverse control explosions…

And the new war started and the first race we declare war on is friggin squids again .

And the first damn enemy we fight after is those fuckers. I’m so damn tired of them.

We’re on illuminate home planet. Let’s finish this war! I miss playing with bugs and borgs

We supposedly won… but I saw a video instead that said we lost super earth. And now it all restarted. And the first race is the Illu again.

Oo ok. But sucks that we gotta start with illu in the new war again. Ffs. Any idea when the other races will be open season?

Of course, just our luck, we start with Ilum… sad laugh…here we go again!

This illuminate war is terribly long…

This war is taking its toll on me. My strength is fading. Will we win this war? (who knows). I will be retiring from the frontline for the remainder of the war and put my focus into finding cyborg spies. (They could be your neighbour)

I wish we weren’t stuck with an Illuminate only war during the Steam sales. The other two are more fun to fight and new players should be introduced to those.

Bought this on sale a few weeks ago, the fact that 2/3 of the content is locked behind this stupid event has pretty much destroyed my group’s desire to play this

Welcome to helldivers, thats how it is every war. The least favourite faction stays the longest because nobody wants to fight them. But its understandable because the illuminates are the most anoying/spammy faction imo like offscreen snipers/walls and mindcontrol spam deluxe.

yep getting real tired or getting mind controlled and walled off. Just gonna play other games until the war ends and we can fight the other 2.hopefully soon.

i remember years back when i used to play it was always the bugs going first then cyborgs and then people would drop out once the illuminates were left.

everyone seems to hate squids once the new war rolls round we will all jump back in for steamrolling the bugs then borgs and leave the squids for last or altogether.

Still going. The Bugs and Cyborgs are out, but we appear to he near-stalemated with the Squids.

The war’s been over and it seems like we are back to the beginning, yet I don’t see any Cyborgs or Bugs.

Well, usually I see people wrecking 2 or even 3 sectors per day, but now only these squids are available and its like 1 sector in 1-2 days.

Yeah, I want my bugs and borgs back.

I just got back into the game after a few years of break. I’m having great fun, but seriously I’m sick of fighting only illuminate. It’s been a week of nothing else…

Im definitely bored, joined the war after a pretty long break right before Cyborgs defeat, so its just squids for me everyday.
And now we lost another two regions overnight. How long does this normally go on for?

This is quite aggravating. I want to fight bugs and cyborgs. They’re way more fun enemies.

The problem is vast majority hates fighting illuminates so they are usually always last to die. An since no one likes playing them they take a long time to beat.

Imagine, after the war is won (or lost), the first unlocked race is illuminate… Hahahaha!

Really bored of illuminate now. I started playing again last week after a long break and we’re still stuck on illuminate.

With only the illuminates left the game feels like a grind for a lot of people.

I hope it’s just me but everytime I want to play, illuminates are the only race left.

Yess, not bothering to play until we get bugs and mechs to fight again, sick of the squids.

I wonder if the Bugs and Borgs will be eliminated in the first 72 hours and we will be right back here soon?

sooo…why are we on day 1, and only the illuminates are an option?

At this rate we are going to be fighting illuminates forever.

I know I’m not the only one who’s tired of fighting only squids for a week straight.

For my part, I’m tired of whiners…

But the number of times I saw a whole squad wipe because everyone gets spammed with reverse control explosions…

People should use the Bubble Shield instead of constantly whining about the reverse controls. And even without it, reverse controls (which are strictly reversed) are not so much an annoyance, and it does not take so much time to get accustomed to it.

But its understandable because the illuminates are the most anoying/spammy faction imo like offscreen snipers/walls and mindcontrol spam deluxe.yep getting real tired or getting mind controlled and walled off.

Nope. Actually, Illuminates are the smartest faction in Helldivers. But people are too used to play against stupid foes like Bugs or very predictable foes like Cyborgs.

Just gonna play other games until the war ends and we can fight the other 2.hopefully soon.This is quite aggravating. I want to fight bugs and cyborgs. They’re way more fun enemies.

Nope. They are just easier enemies, which can be crowd-controlled very easily with Static Field or Mines. This is not the case with Illuminates which are almost immune to it, and make them a lot more threatening foes.

The problem is vast majority hates fighting illuminates so they are usually always last to die. An since no one likes playing them they take a long time to beat.

They hate fighting Illuminates because most people suck against them, and do not try to improve.

3 Likes