Did you guys ever wonder what happens in space while Helldivers on planets fight their way through aliens and stuff? I keep imagining gigantic battles between ships from both races. I guess, while Helldivers fight to neutralize and secure objectives that will give them great advantage in the war, the real war is fought in space.
With that in mind, I kept thinking about stealth missions that you do inside enemy ship.
Main asppects about these missions:
- Precise, Stealth and fast paced
- Alerting enemy is a BIGGER mistake than doing it in the main game
- Dead Helldivers can only reappear in certain points of the ship
- Ships have narrow spaces and poor field vision
- Stratagems are replaced by Op Tools, quicker to user, with less typing
- You don’t know what waits for you in the next corner
Soldiers will be working in the dark with almost no help from Superearth Command Center. They have to complete the objectives and escape trough the escape pods.
Objectives can be:
- Steal top secret war changing data
- Assassinate VIP
- Change weapons targeting system
- Stop ship engines
The tactical gameplay still remain, but more stealthy than the main game.
Completing these missions will generate a special bonus in the galactic war. It could be something like “You gain double influence points” for instance.
Anyway I’m just throwing some ideas and I’m not going to extend myself more than the necessary. Big fan of the game here, guys. Keep doing an amazing job and sorry for any bad english.
Democracy is life itself