E3 HYPE! Tell me your faves

offtopic

ITS HERE BUT ARROWHEAD :arrowhead_black: IS NAUGHT :frowning:

My fave games so far are TUNIC :fox_face: and Battletoads :frog: , i do love a good brawler and cant see how they could stuff it up tbh. Also super glad LiS :couplekiss_woman_woman: is coming up with the goods also everything about Assasins Creeds :shield: setting is beautiful. Im sure ive left out a few but enough from me what about YOU??

Sorry, Helldivers forever. :arrowhead_black::heart:

There were two that I particularly liked.

Death Stranding and We Happy Few (from Compulsion Games).

We Happy Few is the tale of a plucky bunch of moderately terrible people trying to escape from a lifetime of cheerful denial in the city of Wellington Wells. In this alternative 1960s England, conformity is key. You’ll have to fight or blend in with the drug-addled inhabitants, most of whom don’t take kindly to people who won’t abide by their not-so-normal rules.

I thought the story was pretty original, I like the style and it reminds me of Simon Pegg movies, like Hot Fuzz. What could go wrong! :smiley:

E3 Hype Train!
I mean, Nintendo direct was lacking a bit in the Metroid Prime 4 and Retro Studios’ new game category, but holy shit that Smash announcement! All the characters! Even Snake! I was hoping for a plus version of the criminally underplayed Smash4, and here we get it, with extra everything, it’s gonna be great!
And Ridley! Our prayers have been answered!

Super Mario Party looked awesome too, can’t wait. And Hollow Knight, gonna get that right away!

Death Stranding was the other highlight for me, I generally love games these days that I don’t know what they are before diving in! The Last of Us Part II looks amazing aswell but I can’t really hype it as much as maybe one should because I “know what it is” :stuck_out_tongue: it’s a day 1 purchase for me but yeah, during E3 I usally get way more hyped over new announcements and TLoUP2 has been around for a while now I feel!

Microsoft was kinda meh, I guess Gears 5 will be cool, maybe I’ll get around to playing Gears 4 because of this.

I am starting to feel more and more that I would be satisfied just to watch a lot of games’ cutscenes. Games these days are getting so good at storytelling and their writing has improved so much.

E3 Hype indeed!

Like my brother above, the highlight of the show was definitely the fact that the new Super Smash bros. looks to be exactly what we wanted, a new, faster, vastly improved version of the fourth game in the series. It’s gonne be awesome, I’ve already got a box at home full of new Gamecube controllers, so my body, and gear, is ready xD

Other than that, Death Stranding and that new Remedy Game was kind of the highlights of the show, I’m interested in both of them since they seem to offer an experience that looks like nothing else, and now that Kojima finally has his hand free, and can do whatever he wants, we know we’re in for a ride.

Spiderman is probqably gonne be awesome too, the conference demo felt a bit scripted and meh but the New York-playtest afterwards looked really cool :smiley:

That VR-game from From Software and Sony Japan looks interesting as well, their previous collaboration (Bloodborne) is definitely something different, but with Sony Japan’s previous experience from the IcoSotCTLG-series and FromSoftwares storytelling skills, it could be something definitely worth waiting for.

New Halo looked weird… they should’ve held that one off for at least a year, I feel.

Oh yeah, Sekiro: Shadows die Twice looked awesome too! it looks like the perfect mix between something new, Bloodborne and Dark Souls but also adding some new elements to the whole souls gameplay formula (like Bloodborne did)
Really looking forward to that one

I’m with you guys all the way! Sony really made us feel as if we were watching small short films. It was quite cinematic in my opinion and really knew how to draw you into the games story. Nintendo was just as fun as always and Xbox had some surprises as always.
Id have to say my favorite was death stranding from the master mind of Hideo Kojima himself! I love this guy. He does a great job of always getting people to talk about his games just purely based on speculation without giving to much away. Genius!

Cyberpunk 2077 didn’t show any gameplay, but knowing it will be an RPG from CD PROJECT RED and seeing that trailer I’m really hyped. Scope looks huge and I love RPGs. Played Witcher 3 so many hours, so I’m really looking forward to see what Cyberpunk 2077 will bring to the genre.

Death Stranding is probably my favourite showing. Love that it feels so abstract and unknown. Can’t wait to discover it.

Sekiro looks like a must get for me as well. Dark Souls like gameplay with a grappling hook in a feudal japan setting? Yes plz!

Forza 4 got me interested as well. Open world co-op racing experience looked like a lot of fun. Was a long time ago since I played driving games. Used to play NFS: Most Wanted with my brother a lot during school on PS2. Would be fun to play a driving experience with friends and family again!

Res Evil 2 remake was my highlight. The remake of the first game is one of my favorite games of all time, and this is right up my alley as a lover of horror games and Res Evil. Not 100 % sold on the OTS perspective and Leon’s constant talking/breathing, but those nitpicks apart I’m very hyped (especially with a release around the corner).
Never played the first The Last of Us, but that gameplay for the second one looked incredibly good. If that’s actually how it will look in the final game, it might be time to buy a PS4 in the future.
I don’t remember any specific titles right now, but I thought the PC Gaming show in general had some cool indie gems. Also glad to see the Yakuza series finally coming to PC!

Beyond Good and Evil 2 looked really interesting. I never played the first one but I love the setting! Feels like a grim version of Disneys Treasure Planet (one of my favorite movies). I think the community content thingy they’re doing seems cute too. Oh, and it has co-op!

I also can’t help but be excited for Fallout 76. I was not too impressed with FO4, mainly because of the writing, but the universe is just too damn cool to let go. It’ll be interesting to see how their shared world plays out. I’m guessing we will get raiders, traders, gunners, and a bunch of weird new player factions.

Unravel 2 and Ori got me tickled as well. Will definitely play them.

Beyond Good and Evil 2 is weird. So for the longest time fans have been longing for a sequel and wanting to know what happens after the cliff hanger ending of the first one. The dude behind the first one has tried to make it happen and it has even had a trailer before with the characters from the first game.

And then when they finally come out and say they are working on a new game (again) it’s some strange new thing that is a prequel taking place long before the first game (allthough if I understand it correctly that has now been changed to incorporate the protagonists from the first game).

I’m more than a little confused by BGE 2…