Explore the galaxy Glitch

Maybe it is not necessary to create a new topic for EACH video… You could create one topic like “KOR_Lune videos” and post all your stuff in it…

Maybe I sound a little bit rude, but it makes the forum look like a mess and bury all interesting discussions… :confused:

1 Like

Obviously nobody wants the Helldivers category to turn into a copy of the LuneTV Videos page, or any channel for that matter.
I feel like this is only an issue because the Helldivers category isn’t very active.
I haven’t seen any complaints about frequent video posts on the subreddit, for instance.

On the other hand, it wouldn’t be fair to just force @KOR_Lune to post all their videos in one topic. Others have posted multiple topics here with one video each before, without complaints. I feel like the thumbnails have something to do with it, but that’s besides the point.

Besides, I don’t think it’s sustainable to have “guidelines” on what kind of video is allowed to be in a separate topic.

For instance, what if we were to outright ban video posts which don’t support a discussion? What can you consider to be a discussion?
Is someone showing off their skills something that can be discussed, or just entertainment?
Is a tutorial something the topic can invite questions for, or should that be handled in the comments section of the video?
As you can tell it’s a slippery slope.

I feel like all we can do is to support everyone who takes the time and effort to make these videos and share them here.
What we could do is get a "videos" tag to be created, and I or another Regular can spend some time going through all the posts and tagging them as such.
That way those who don’t want to see them can make a tag exclusion search to find non-video posts.