Games you are keenly anticipating and enjoying/enjoyed?

offtopic

Priorities on my wishlist: Survived By, BIOMUTANT, Riverbond, and of course TUNIC. Im also super glad Spiderman did well and look forward to superb reviews for AC Odyssey and BF V. Games that are up in the air as not really enough info about them has been released yet: Definetly Arrowhead’s new game, Torchlight Frontiers, Minecraft Dungeons, and possibly maybe WoW Classic…

The games i’m most looking forward to are:
The Hong Kong Massacre.
My Friend Pedro.

And the one i’m currently enjoying:
Dead Cells.

Indies for the win once again :fist: :metal: :+1:

I’ve been really enjoying Exanima for a few years now. I’m always coming back to it. If you’re a medieval combat fanatic, do yourself a favor and check it out. There’s nothing like it. It’s on Steam, but $5 cheaper on the main site, “baremettle.com”, home of Sui Generis. Exanima is a prequel to Sui Generis, which is going to be an open world RPG that’ll take the indie world by storm. I can’t begin to explain the magnitude of these games other than just dropping my Exanima review in here.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/Solinarius/recommended/362490/

Other than that…

Keenly anticipating: Next version of Starsector, Ground Branch, Arrowhead’s next game, and Risk of Rain 2

Keenly enjoying: Helldivers, Gauntlet, and Nuclear Throne.

I have started playing many good games this summer. I bought The Division and I’m really enjoying it. Even though it’s not that popular, as it was 2 years ago…

Other games that I bought recently and enjoy playing:

Rainbow Six Siege
Two Point Hospital
AC Odyssey
Life is Strange 2

But I was very diassapointed, when I bought Kingdom Come: Deliverance. It’s one of the worst games I have played in my life. I’m from Czech republic and KCD is Bohemian (slavic) based game. Czechs have beautiful madeival history, nature and potential. But KCD haven’t used any of it. Just buggy glitchy unrealistic piece of garbage :frowning:

I play mostly games by teeny, tiny dev teams.

-Synthetik: Explosive overhead twin-stick roguelite that’s great on kbl/m but never quite seems to get there in controller support (work in progress). Pretty fun 2-player online co-op, but I wish they’d have some mix of actual mission objectives. This (I have over 100 hours in it) and 10Ton’s Neonchrome are probably my favorite twin-stick shooters on PC after Helldivers.

(2-man German dev team; decent Steam sales allowed them to hire a third – I tried to get the Synthetik devs and Arrowhead folks to meet each other at Gamescom, but didn’t quite happen)

-Door Kickers: Action Squad (pixelized side-scrolling retro blaster that’s fun, but maybe a bit lacking in long term replayability, but they have a level editor just out that may help). Introduced a new optional “Halloween mode” with monster portals, zombies, Halloween-theme redecorated levels etc. I thought zombies would be a gimmicky addition but it really makes the game more fun and challenging, plus you get terrorists and zombies battling each other too. :smiley:

-Bad North (PC): “minimalist” medieval/vikings squad RTS with procedurally generated islands you defend – launched on Switch and consoles first, and currently PC version’s a Discord Store exclusive (to the wrath of everyone on Steam) that I’m very much enjoying). A must if you grew up playing with toy soldiers. :slight_smile: fwiw, the Discord PC games Store offers the same refund policy that Steam does (up to 2 weeks ownership, up to 2 hours gameplay).

BN’s Swedish dev team is technically two devs plus a music/audio guy. :slight_smile: