[Gauntlet ideas] Suggest & Design New Gauntlet DLC Character

Kind of a spinoff of the “If Arrowhead could still develop the Gauntlet, what would like to see?” thread. The more I get back into it, the more ideas I have for other DLC characters. So I’ll suggest a couple my pea-brain came up with.

Maybe you guys can suggest your own here too?

The key thing in my thread title is DESIGN. So don’t just say “do a cool character like this.” Your suggested character should at least have these details, in keeping with those already in the game. Consider this a ‘template’ for suggestions, and subject to change if others suggest other things to include.

TEMPLATE FOR A NEW GAUNTLET DLC CHARACTER (copy and paste this in your post if it helps. :slight_smile:

My DLC Character’s Class: _________ (something in keeping with Gauntlet setting)
My DLC Character’s Name: _________
My DLC Character Class’s combat bio: Couple sentences on what type of fighter your new DLC class is; amount of health, types of attacks or abilities.

Weapons

1. Weapon Name: Weapon Ability Name & Description
  2. Weapon Name: Weapon Ability Name & Description
  3. Weapon Name: Weapon Ability Name & Description
  4. Weapon Name: Weapon Ability Name & Description

Talismans (i.e., potion abilities)

1. Tailsman Name: Potion Ability Description
  2. Tailsman Name: Potion Ability Description
  3. Tailsman Name: Potion Ability Description

I think that’s sufficient. We could maybe chat about suggested cosmetic costume pieces, but I think it’s more fun just to come up with weapons and corresponding weapon abilities; and 3 Talisman potion abilities that fit the character.

The idea is to come up with a new DLC character that fits into the Gauntlet mythos, that has some unique weapon and potion abilities, and that maybe compliment other existing Gauntlet characters in some way. :slight_smile:

I’m working on my DLC character concept, David, who uses a slingshot. But I’m not far enough to get into more detail yet. :grin:

I’m looking up a pompous way to say “slingshot guy” that fits the Gauntlet motif. :slight_smile:

My other concept is Equestria, a new Cavalier class. Shes a female knight on horseback who uses cavalry-charge type abilities. Just trying to make sure she doesn’t seem redundant to Valkyrie. :heart_eyes:

I guess I can post what I have for Norma so far separately for now. I’m going back and forth on whether her weapons would be something she wields while on horseback; or they could be sort of adjustments in how her horse attacks enemies. I just don’t want her to just be “Valkyrie on a horse.” :thinking:

Here’s my horsie-based DLC character idea…

Inspired by this festival image (pretty sure rider is a “she” :heart_eyes:):

Again, I’m sort of debating whether the four weapons should be different weapons when Norma’s on horseback; or they could sort of change the type of horse or the armor on the horse. Which may all be ridiculous, but it’s a game that’s often ridiculous in the best way. :slight_smile:

My DLC Character’s Class: CAVALIER
My DLC Character’s Name: Equestria
My DLC Character Class’s combat bio: Lightly armored knight on horseback.

Weapons

1. Pike: Weapon Ability Name & Description; and one-sentence Info/Lore text
  2. Halberd: Weapon Ability Name & Description; and one-sentence Info/Lore text
  3. Flail: Ability Name & Description; and one-sentence Info/Lore text
  4. Weapon 4 Name: Weapon Ability Name & Description; and one-sentence Info/Lore text

1. Stampede: Cavalier charges a fixed distance with hooves up, knocking down and doing moderate clobbering damage to all non-elite units in her path.

A Centaur might’ve been easier to do than a cavalry class, now that I think about it. :horse:

Hmmm. Someone on Reddit asked why Gauntlet doesn’t have the Jester character from Gauntlet: Dark Legacy. so there could be an idea.

I have another idea that’s just ripping off some MMORPGs, that had Bard characters wielding musical instruments… :musical_note:

OK this one’s inspired by MMORPGs that have a bard character, but also that cool little tune and musical notes that play when the Elf resurrects (or at least I think that’s what I’m seeing sometimes?). I’m tempted to suggest banjos, accordions and cow bell as instruments, but I don’t know if they fit Gauntlet’s setting. :musical_keyboard:

My DLC Character’s Class: BARD
My DLC Character’s Name: Harmonius :musical_note:
My DLC Character Class’s combat bio: Harmonius uses a variety of musical instruments with musical notes that can attack or mesmerize enemies. Potion abilities can heal or buff co-op partners, or mesmerize enemies via musical themes. Moderate health due to thin leather outfits.

Weapons (I’m working on the ability descriptions)

1. Flute: Harmony shoots musical notes vertically upward from the flute and then rains them down on top of nearby enemies, damaging them.
  2. Lute: Riff fires a precision beam of damaging musical notes
  3. Mandolin: Crescendo fires a wide stream of damaging musical notes in a cone radius (like a music-shotgun)
  4. Harp: Glissando pulls nearby enemies towards the player (strumming harp strings towards player) and quickly repels them from the player (strums harp strings away from player) doing knockdown and moderate damage.
  5. Drum: Parum Pum Pum drumming causes quake-like effects to the ground surrounding the player, stunning and disorienting nearby enemies and causing moderate damage; and one-sentence Info/Lore text

1. You Put a Spell on Me: Music fixes enemies in place for a short duration (i.e., they can attack but can’t move)
  2. Rock, Rock 'til You Drop: Music increases the attack speed of all co-op players for a short duration. When the music stops, all players lose a small portion of health.
  3. How Do I Mend a Broken Heart? :broken_heart:: Music gradually heals :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: all co-op players for a short duration.

A couple other ideas: Bishop or Priest. :latin_cross:

I was watching The Exorcist on DVD the other day, and got some ideas from that… :church:

Like a potion ability called Exorcism, which would turn enemies in a limited area friendly for a period of time. Or is that more like Possession? :thinking:

Let’s see where the Priest DLC idea goes… :latin_cross: I don’t have a good idea for its weapons yet, just some potion ability ideas. :arrowhead_white: This stems from watching The Exorcist on DVD recently.

My DLC Character’s Class: PRIEST
My DLC Character’s Name: Karras
My DLC Character Class’s combat bio: Uses instruments of religion and faith to purge Gauntlet’s environments of evil.

Weapons

1. Cross: Cleansing Light emits straight line beam that pierces through multiple enemies in its path.
  2. Bible: Scripture flings bible pages at enemies, causing burning damage on contact.
  3. Angel: Halo fires circular halo disc that ricochets off multiple enemies.
  4. Weapon Name: Weapon Ability Name & Description

Talismans (i.e., potion abilities) [going with 5 on this]

1. It Burns, it Burns!: Explosive short-range Holy Water splash that gradually dissolves nearby enemies.
  2. The Rapture.: Narrow beam of light from the heavens hits ground and moves from Priest to a limited-range end point, burning targets in its path. [Bit like Helldivers Orbital Laser Strike stratagem :helldivers:]
  3. Their Souls Are Mine!: Possession turns a limited number of enemies friendly allies – they attack other enemies/monsters for a period of time before switching back to normal status. [FYI - someone tell me if Necromancers already do this?]
  4. I Cast You Out!: Exorcism removes all negative/harmful status effects from Gauntlet players, including burning, slowdown, frozen, etc.
  5. The Power Compels You!: Religious Chant knocks flying enemies to the ground and stuns standing enemies.

I forgot about my David slingshot class idea…

My DLC Character’s Class: SLINGER (something in keeping with Gauntlet setting)
My DLC Character’s Name: David
My DLC Character Class’s combat bio: David using his slingshot to bring down enemies big and small, his projectiles doing damage and having a chance to stun all. Hey it rhymes! :grin: Slower firing pace than the Elf.

Weapons (In David’s case, he has only one slingshot – each weapon is instead a different projectile type.)

1. Rock: Basic slingshot projectile that crumbles upon target impact, causing moderate damage and chance to stun. Crumbling causes minor damage to enemies adjacent to original target.
  2. Glass Shard: Jagged slingshot projectile that pierces target, causing greater damage to the target behind it.
  3. Icicles: Frozen slingshot projectiles that cause slowing and cold damage on target impact.
  4. Pinball: Metal slingshot balls that do less damage but ricochet off multiple enemies in a chain reaction.

1. Tailsman Name: Potion Ability Description

It’s such a shame that we never got to really get into making more characters for Gauntlet. PvE only games are such a nice platform to go crazy with skillsets and abilities. For example, we were working on a melee based Lizard Man character that could tear enemies apart and use them as bludgeoning weapons. Was pretty funny swinging half a mummy around knocking down fodder enemies…

I feel a bard character would use some mechanics similar to the wizard to compose music by combining notes and changing pitch. As opposed to the wizard you would have to keep playing to keep up the effect making it a pretty high skill character. =P

Cool, thanks for sharing some thoughts/memories. :grin: Lizard Man sounds like hysterically good fun. :lizard: (there’s a lizard emoji).

Yeah, I loved that the Necromancer DLC got released, I just tend not to be into summoning types. I couldn’t get into Diablo II’s Necromancer for example (my gamer friends loved it). Necromancer was very cool, and I was looking forward to other DLC characters (Elf and Valkyrie are my faves, and really the only Gauntlet heroes I do decently as). I wish the publisher had stuck with you guys/gals. :broken_heart:

While I don’t know when we’ll get an official announcement on the Secret Game – I do look forward to hearing/seeing what the Gauntlet team, Helldivers team and the new Arrowhead Recruits come up with. :sunglasses:

I would’ve loved to have seen that.

:drooling_face:

My DLC Character’s Class: Monk
My DLC Character’s Name: Burlx (M) or Yanti (F)
My DLC Character Class’ combat bio: With mastery of body, imbued gifts of his/her order, and transcendental martial discipline, Monk utterly crushes the hordes of the Gauntlet.

Weapons (I came up with this some time ago, but I revised it for this post. No talisman or additional weapons. I don’t really feel like adding any more to it.)

Rapid Attack:
A weaker barrage of punches with average reach, but wide coverage, that can be performed in a combo of three, ending with a finisher. The finisher may be alternated with Strong Attack or Dragon’s Strength.

• Rapid finisher: a stronger barrage of punches with enhanced coverage.

Strong Attack:
A powerful, lightning-fast punch, but with narrow coverage and longer recovery, that can be made in a combo of three, ending with a finisher. The attack extends a short distance beyond Monk’s reach. The finisher may be alternated with Rapid Attack or Dragon’s Strength.

• Strong finisher: a stronger punch with enhanced reach that causes victims to hemorrhage and quickly bleed out (damage over time). Gibs lesser minions.

Dragon’s Strength:
Upon activation, Dragon’s Strength staggers nearby enemies, repels nearby projectiles, and grants Monk brief invincibility (short cooldown). Each use of Dragon’s Strength stores a charge of Focus, and up to three charges may be stored. The charges hasten Monk’s combo attacks and enhances their effects. Focus dissipates over time.

• If Dragon’s Strength is used as a finisher in a Rapid Attack combo, Monk unleashes a wide blast wave with short range. Stagger/knockback capable. Gibs lesser minions. Expends a charge of Focus and places a moderate cooldown on Dragon’s Strength.

• If Dragon’s Strength is used as a finisher in a Strong Attack combo, Monk unleashes a deadly lance of energy with moderate range. Gibs casters and lesser minions. Stagger capable. Expends a charge of Focus and places a moderate cooldown on Dragon’s Strength.

• If Dragon’s Strength is used after three charges have accrued, Monk will be enveloped in a sphere of energy that grants invincibility and pulses large, powerful, burning forces outward. Repels projectiles. Stagger capable. Expends all Focus charges and places a long cooldown on Dragon’s Strength.

Dragon’s Path:

• When tapped, Monk performs a great dash that pervades enemies and grants invincibility (short cooldown).

• May be interrupted with Rapid Attack to perform a fast sweeping kick (brief cooldown). Stagger capable.
    • May be interrupted with Strong Attack to perform an enhanced jumping kick (brief cooldown). Stagger/knockback capable. Kills lesser minions instantly.
  • When held, Monk can counter an imminent attack with a powerful, wide-swept kick (brief cooldown). Stagger/Knockback capable. Kills lesser minions instantly.