Have you considered adding/changing this in game...?

I think I would prefer all perks to have a vehicle effect if some have it, just for consistency and clarity. That said it would be quite a bit of work, and some doesn’t translate well to vehicles at all (like the sidearms).

A REP-80 turret could be a possibility, but it would be one hell of a balancing task to not make it really, really good.

The drones would probably greatly benefit from reaming/resupplying when there is downtime, really good suggestion.

As for the combat walkers they are extremely powerful weapon platforms and the intended experience is that they are limited in time and usability. Having them be infinite uses would require a complete re-imagining of the role the combat walkers fill.

Ideally we would like to support full remappability of the controls, we just never managed to get to it as it was a bit more difficult on PS4.

it’s a pleasure to discuss directly with you developers, I’ve never seen anything like this before.

@patrik.lasota I appreciate the answers, it’s a bit sad though hear this from a developer, it seems that Sony has not given sufficient information about the poor PS Vita. In short, the cross-controller turns the Vita into a PS3 controller and simultaneously stream the game on the small screen, with a positive benefit of the couch co-op experience. (Ach! I’m a landslide with these forums, even those user-friendly one)

At least it’s not really bad ha-haa! Making RS missions compatible is the key to realizing imo, AD-289 reaction times but manual activation via another input sequence (hence the second non-automatic turret, as well as the extration beacon) just like a cooking timer, so it have two coldown periods, one short (between one and another random shoot) and one long (please put sequence) then we can repair a REP-80 turret with a REP-80 that repairs another REP-80 turret…

RL-112 Recoiless Rifle and MLS-4X Commando
Improve the “Assisted Reload” gameplay mechanics

I find the “assisted reload” mechanics kind of broken in some circumstances:

• The Assisted Reload call doesn’t work if the player needing an assisted reload is also carrying a Support Kit himself.
    In this case, the player can’t request a reload and hitting ‘Reload’ will initiate the slow self-reload instead. When there is multiple RL-112 or MLS-4X in the team, it makes the “assisted reload” mechanic very unconvenient.
    So the players have to constantly keep an eye on each other player panel, to see if they need a reload. Very tedious, especially when the action gets very hectic.
    Fix: Press R3 button to request a reload, even if carrying a Support Kit.

• It’s not possible to request a reload if the MLS-4X magazine is not totally empty. Currently, when not carrying a Support Kit, pressing R1 does nothing if there are still bullets in the magazine. It should be possible to request a reload at anytime, and not waste purposely the last bullets to be able to shout “Assisted Reload!” and warn the teammate.
    Fix: Press R3 button to request a reload at anytime, even if the weapon is not totally empty.

• There’s no audio indication when a teammate reloads the RL-122 or MLS-4X carrier. Once again, it’s very unconvenient when the action gets hectic, because after the “assisted reload” call, the player has to keep an eye on his teammate to see what’s he doing and then, on his panel to see if the weapon has been reloaded. The reloading teammate should simply shouts “Reload”, so the weapon carrier would have a quick and convenient audio indication, while staying focused on the action.
    Fix: The reloading teammate shouts “Reload!” with the text “Reload!” displayed above his head, like a regular reload when a player reloads his own weapon.

Implementation in Helldivers

• Simple enough, I think… Re-use the audio files “Assisted Reload!” and “Reload!” that are already in the game.
  • R3 button has currently no use in the game. Make it a dedicated button to request a reload, only when the RL-122 or the MLS-4X is equipped.
  • When pressing R3, “Assisted Reload!” is displayed above the player, so the Reloader knows who requests a reload (already coded in the game, when pressing R1).
  • “Reload!” is displayed above the player who reloads his teammate (already coded in the game for a personal reload)

These tiny modifications would improve the “Assisted Reload” gameplay mechanics, which can be very clunky sometimes. No more need to wriggle like a moron in front of a teammate, meaning I want a reload, because I carry myself a Support Kit, and I don’t wan’t to start a slow reload… Or I can’t request a reload because there’s still a few bullets in the magazine! :kissing_smiling_eyes:

Thanks for reading!

1 Like

Here some strewed brief ideas
1)_Since in Helldivers weapons have the latest technological achievements such as lasers, electric arc, plasma and so on, how about adding a new technology? Sonic or Ultrasonic Weapons (USW)

• Red Stratagem = Ultrasonic Blast: When called it emits a shockwave, which expands from the center, pushing and sweeping away anything. It is not an explosion, it does not create damage to enemies or troops, it simply takes everything away from the point of call up.
  • Primary Weapon = (Name?): This primary weapon belongs to the explosive class, unlike the CR-9 Suppressor, it emits fan-shaped shockwaves and has a short radius, like the symbol of Wi-Fi. (I admit, this is a bit forced).

2)_When you unlock all enhancements using the Research Points, then they accumulate and remain unused. If only were other ways to spend that amount, like the ability to unlock new pages in the Encyclopedia inside the ship. Adding tips/tricks or weapons/stratagems info (ported from the armoury) so we can read it well.

3)_A new perk that constantly keeps the mini-map open (perhaps this prevents a main feature of the game, however it can be quite challenging play without the weapon hub).

4)_I think the AC-22 Dum Dum is a little under-powered, is there any chance to make it “low-profile-anti-tank-rifle”? i mean, there are far superior primary weapons, you can’t even scratch a Brood Commander with it, because its real weakness is the not being able to take aim, (i mean, the Helldiver rotate too fast to perform a precises aim) and the few projectiles scored are not sufficiently “harmful”; even because explosive isn’t in the bullets caratteristic but you keep like that. Could it be adapted for medium/high-armored targets? Would be enough to slightly increase the damage and go from 4 standard magazines to 3 standard magazines (from max 8 to max 6).

And even if already mentioned I definitely give a thumbs up on this:

1 Like

Yes! Definitely agreeing to Ugo on this. I would love myself with playing RS missions compatible to the realizing imo.

Kudos! Also, there’s been quite an interesting discussion going here.

Strong arm more melee yes please

Seriously I REALLY want that extra melee, please add this!!!

Are there any plans to rebalance flame weapons? Both flamethrowers in the game are obsolete, dealing less damage than most primary weapons and being completely outclassed by TOX Avenger. The fact that they are inferior in terms of damage and utility to almost any other weapon in the game makes them not only undesirable to use over other weapons, but often detrimental, especially on higher difficulties.

I am aware that flame weapons might be hard to balance in terms of damage, as they are either DLC or an early unlock and deal AoE damage, but I think that some utility, like ability to suppress/deter enemies in a way similar to flames from incendiary bombs or an ability to leave some kind of flame trail that damages and sets enemies on fire would allow the flamers to compete with other weapons in their categories.

Tbh a laser beam that is charged before firing is a neat idea. With an overcharge function perhaps? But would require a radiator/battery change (reload) if done.

Would be good if side gunners in the HAV, APC and motorbike could switch to appropriate secondary weapons they are carrying, eg lascannon, TOX, maybe not the mortar? Also maybe the driver or turret could use stratagems. You could balance it by limiting it to certain vehicles eg only the tank or bike.

Also would be cool if you have the LIFT and need to ‘Help up’ a wounded teammate, if you hit X+square (PS4) you would pick them up AND jump with them.

Agree with the fire comments above, it would make it useful to paint flame with it onto the ground, or maybe a charged shot which launches a blob of fire about the size of a HAV.

A new perk could be ‘light footed’ which would allow the player to ignore mines and barbed wire.

I would like to humbly contribute to the further improvement of the game, Helldivers. I agree with earlier comments about the idea of a Laser Sniper using a charge up mechanic similar to the ARC weapons, but giving it an overheat & HeatDump canister mechanic mix, I would suggest having it that the laser charges for a period of time, and during that time in heats up slowly. when it reaches full charge, the weapon heats up quickly, incentivizing quick release of the charge. I would also suggest making the maximum # of shot within quick succession between 5 - 10, leaning more toward 5. If you do a laser pistol as well, I would suggest that it works in a similar way with less damage, quicker charge times, and lean close to the 10 shot maximum.

I also like the idea of a ballistic shield. I would propose the following:
-Make the ballistic shield a pickup similar to that of the black boxes - it can only be carried with one handed weapons
-The Helldiver carries it at his/her side and can run at 80% normal speed, just getting slowed down a bit (similar to heavy armor perk)
-depressing and holding L2 will raise the shield, lowering normal speeds by an amount
-pressing L1 causes the Helldiver to deploy the shield as a barricade; putting it down sideways
-To remove the shield from barricade mode, the hell dive walks up, hits X, types in a directional code, then picks it up.

I also have a couple of perk ideas as listed below:

• Reflex training
    – Improves reloading, weapon swap times, and getting up from prone
  • Over-Stocked
    – Improves magazine carry capacity by 50%
  • Doubling Up
    – (condition - can only be used with one handed weapons)bring two of the weapons into battle, 50% reduction on magazine carry capacity, 50% increased reload time, one handed weapons treated as normal weapons minus the aim speed reduction
  • Grenade Lover
    – 100% increase to maximum grenade care capacity

It would be pretty cool if the two weapons aimed at your reticle from two different spots, then if you bring it close enough you could shoot in two directions at once ;)

2 Likes

Of course
Sure have thought of adding swords and changing the way the perks behave.
However, I merely have ideas for the same

Add more cosmetics!