New ideas for upcoming liberty day

Hello not sure if the devs read this stuff anymore but am a big fan of helldivers and am always looking forward to liberty day and what content we will get.

was just curious if you guys could consider a new supply stratagem that is a mini gun but its a 2 in 1 so when you pick it up it takes up the extra weapon slot and you will have a backpack full of ammo for it you wont ever have to reload because of this but due to the super high fire rate the ammo will deplete kinda fast if you just spray for long periods you can upgrade this gem to have armor piercing ammo and mabe more ammo for less time needed be4 a refill

another idea would be to have more primary lmg in the game so far we only have one true lmg and the other one is a startagem maybe this new lmg can have slower rate of fire but more control and damage then the one we have now idk but i like guns with larger mags for them

lastly i was curious if you guys could add a new perk called phoenix down which will make it so when you die it will auto revive you but this can only occur once every 200sec this is mainly to help with solo because you cant really be revived when you are alone

anyways these are some ideas i have that i hope can make it into the next liberty day any advice or feedback from the devs on this would be great thanks!!!

2 Likes

Think we gotta keep in mind the global pandemic may well have messed up any plans for a Liberty Day update.

I’m still at a loss to guess what the Secret Project is, given it wasn’t announced as a PlayStation 5 launch title or even a “somewhere down the road for PS V” title. Whatever it is, I assume pretty much all their resources are focused on that now.

Last year’s new play mode was mainly by a 3rd party dev hired by them. I appreciated it, but I think the general reception was that the masses aren’t really interested in a separate mode that doesn’t contribute to the campaign (some of my ideas were along that line too).

I’m all for a ‘gift’ weapon or strategem. It’s a Catch-22 though. They don’t want to add things that are “too good” and that upset gameplay balance or force players to feel they need weapon/stratagem to succeed; but if they don’t make it powerful enough or fun enough to use, then you never see anyone equip it and it feels like it was a waste of development resources.

1 Like

Last year’s new play mode was mainly by a 3rd party dev hired by them. I appreciated it, but I think the general reception was that the masses aren’t really interested in a separate mode that doesn’t contribute to the campaign (some of my ideas were along that line too).

I don’t think the lack of influence for the Galactic Campaign is the problem, tbh.

I’m all for a ‘gift’ weapon or strategem. It’s a Catch-22 though. They don’t want to add things that are “too good” and that upset gameplay balance or force players to feel they need weapon/stratagem to succeed; but if they don’t make it powerful enough or fun enough to use, then you never see anyone equip it and it feels like it was a waste of development resources.

At this stage I would actually welcome a “new” Rumbler type weapon to compete with that supremely overpowered and highly overused item. I’d prefer a rebalance of the Rumbler, of course, but some variety or competition in that category would also be highly appreciated.

1 Like

I just know the moment players in the Steam forums realized the Liberty Day “defend against waves” mode had no impact on the campaign, many said they’d not “waste” their time on something like that, because if not’s contributing to the global campaign, what’s the point?

I guess I tried to argue that it was to inject some fresh fun into a then near 5-year old game, but nobody much listened to me. :slight_smile: I suppose if they did the “race track” mode I suggested with the Hammer cycle and jump jets, the response would be the same.

Basically, most players just want new toys within the campaign to get excited about for X period of time before they go back to using their usual favorites.

Me, I’m just teleworking to death, mortified at the 120,000+ COVID-19 deaths in my country, worried about my company perhaps going out of business (we’ve laid off 5 coworkers recently, including 2 in my department) and not really finding gaming much of an escape anymore. I don’t even care about Liberty Day at this point. The world’s just too bleeped up to worry about gaming right now.

2 Likes

Don’t lose hope!

I’m sorry to hear that things seem bleak, but I believe in you.

1 Like

Do you mean Proving Grounds?

Actually, this game mode contributes to the Campaign Influence.

One successful PG mission = 3 influence points (1 influence point per species).

Seems fair as mission time usually never exceeds 3 minutes.

1 Like

I’m really sorry to hear this :frowning: There’s not much we can say or do in these wierd times that will help. But I would encourage everyone to take care of yourselves and your family to the best of your ability. If that means dropping gaming and finding something else that can spark a little joy then that’s one of the best things you can do right now. It is a really tough being quarantined, always stressed, worried or overworked. Big hugs to you Blackjack!

And as a last note to anyone on here - if you’re struggling with something, whether it’s stress or something more, then reach out to me on here and we’ll see what we can do to help you. There’s nothing that can’t be worked through or discussed. I’d rather you reach out than suffer silently :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Are there any updates on Liberty Day?

Can we get some balance changes in the form of NERFS? this game has become too easy and imbalanced