Killing Floor 2’s holiday-theme additions include a new weapon that Helldivers should obviously steal. drum roll…
Temporarily freezes enemies and adds a “deer head with ice antlers” effect (seriously ) to their heads (literally ), which can then be finished off with conventional weaponry.
So for Helldivers, we’ll skip the deer/antlers effect, and otherwise…
Compact ice spray gun capable of projecting ice several meters. Enemies hit with ice will freeze in place temporarily, but doesn’t damage them. My suggestion is a last upgrade that adds the effect of slowing enemies for a period of time when the freeze effect turns off.
- Mk1: Basic, no upgrades
- MKII: More “ice fuel” for the Ice-inator so you can use it longer.
- MKIII: Freeze valve upgrade adds a “slowing effect” to iced enemies once the “freeze” effect wears off.
Possible ways to keep this from being “too op” (would need to be balanced during testing):
- Limit the “ice fuel” so you need to be selective in using it.
- Limit the range.
- Limit the number of units that can be frozen at one time.
- Consider it not impacting mechanical targets, which would probably render it most useful against Bugs, least useful against illuminates, maybe mid-useful against Cyborgs.
It might cool if this somehow interacted or benefitted from snow map environments, but I’m not sure how?