Potential bug/oversight with Legionnaires

There is a thread with the same contents that I’ve posted on HELLDIVERS General Discussion on Steam, however I thought it might be a good idea to make a post here as well.

There is a little issue with Legionnaires, as arc weapons can’t damage them in any way, shape or form. This is because arc weapons always register hits as if they were done against the front of the enemy at 0° angle, which in case of Legionnaires is their shield with armor value of 1000. Most people I talked to assume that it’s been overlooked while testing, but I think it can be easily fixed by changing the location of what is considered to be the front armor in the files, so that arc weapons either ignore the shield or hit the back of Legionnaires instead. Even if it was a planned feature and not a mistake done during development of the last expansion, arc weapons see so little use that an indirect nerf of such magnitude is not warranted. It would be a change appreciated by every arc weapon lover, even if there isn’t many of us.