This morning I read about Sackboy Knit-Speedrun Challenges and I can’t help but think Proving Grounds would have been so much better if they had followed similar incentive structure.
Specifically, prize tiers are split into five categories: Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum and Diamond.
- Bronze: collectibles for everyone who takes part.
- Silver: a costume piece for the top 50% of entrants.
- Gold: a costume piece for the top 30%.
- Platinum: a costume piece for the top 15%.
- Diamond: a costume piece for the elite 5%.
IMHO, something like this would have been better for Proving Grounds. Yes, it would have meant more “cosmetic” options created so more work for Arrowhead, but also more people playing and enjoying Helldivers Proviing Grounds while earning those creations.
PS - Can Arrowhead work with Sumo Digital / XDev to get some Helldivers costumes added to Sackboy - A Big Adventure?