So how is everyone doing during the 2021 COVID era chapter 2?

Heyo! Just wondering how life is going rn. What kinda games are people looking forward to/would recommend, all that good stuff!

I am gaming :frowning:

2 Likes

I’ve been really enjoying Slay the Spire, it’s a roguelike deckbuilder, and apparently that’s a genre!
Otherwise I’ve just really been into cooking and reading - you know, old people stuff

1 Like

Games I want to play: Valorant, Gauntlet, Minecraft, Minecraft Dungeons.

Games I am playing: 0

Number of books I am currently reading: 69 :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

All the adults in my household are on track to have their 2nd vaccination shot by April 1st. We don’t expect there to be any vaccine available for kids, but statistically they are at far less risk from this. So all we can do is hope that the vaccines will be effective long term and protect against emerging variants and kids continue to stay healthy and safe and carry on with our lives expecting things to return to pre-pandemic norms by sometime in Q3 of 2021.

Gaming wise

• Daily VR Fitness gaming of 30+ minutes as my indoor at home exercise of choice. Mostly Beat Saber on Oculus Quest 2
  • Weekends tend to include ~2 hour sessions of Ghost of Tsushima - Legends (online co-op mode) with friends I made through Helldivers
  • Family gaming time centered Sackboy: A Big Adventure on PS5 and more recently Super Mario 3D World on Switch.
2 Likes

I am really late to the party with this, but I’ve really been enjoying the Nintendo Switch Ring Fit Adventure game :smiley:

I was skeptical at first due to my adverseness to exercise, but it kinda got me hooked and wanting to play more! Thumbs up from me.

4 Likes

I have tried Ring Fit Adventure and it definitely gives workout. Fitness Gaming in general gets a thumbs up from me.

1 Like

Glad to see so many responses from everyone! :smiley: I just got the Nether DLC on Minecraft Dungeons and have been doing that. And an EA game called Rogue Legacy 2, if you can, you should give it a try, it is well balanced already!

1 Like

I would personally like to thank ring fit adventure for motivating me to work out by fighting a dragon

Is this true??

1 Like

See for yourself

1 Like

My trade media employer made it through the other side, so to speak and we are at least now “stable.” :). Also, a work pal has decided (despite us furloughing him in the spring, bringing him back, and then laying him off in the summer) to rejoin our company next week. :slight_smile:

We’re still undermanned at work, I work to death, and just don’t have much real gaming time except on weekends.

I took my elderly mom to a county vaccination center a couple months back (not the greatest weather to wait in line for that), and she’s fully COVID-19 vaccinated (Pfizer).

My 60 year old brother is also fully vaccinated, but hasn’t reach that 2 week period where it’s supposed to have fully kicked in on the 2nd dose.

I’m not age-eligible yet – I should be in the next age bracket as it widens here – but we hope to finally see my brother (feeling more safely about it) in person for the first time in a year in April. :slight_smile:

And we’ve lost a half million fellow U.S. citizens to this virus, and our country remains a mess in so many ways. I’m just glad my family, friends and coworkers have so far weathered the pandemic safely, at least. :slight_smile:

3 Likes