Standing

Hey guys,
There is still one thing in Helldivers that I want to ask. One think that I have no clue, how it’s working. The question is: What is “Standing” on the profile screen? It’s there all the time. Since start I have it on “Neutral”. And everyone I have asked has it too. Once I was told, that it has something to do with reputation. I have heard, that bad standing player wouldn’t be able to match with good one. And it’s based on number of reports / commendations. But does anyone know more about it? How many commends do I need to get to improve my standing? Or how many reports could drop me to bad standing? And why everyone has neutral? Maybye the number of reports/commends needed for changing standing is sooo high so noone could reach it. Or it is because players don’t even know, they can rate the coplayer? If that’s true, we should get them know somehow… to make this function work. Don’t you agree? But how? Let’s discuss it.

Standing is based on reports and commends, as you’ve said, and what it changes is what lobbies will be made available to you (“good” players play with other “good” players and so on).

I have multiple accounts that I play Helldivers on. I have had it where one account had “neutral” and another “good” and they had completely different lobbies available to them (I’ve never had a “bad” standing before, but I imagine that would be a third set of lobbies).

My speculation is that commends and reports do not matter when it comes to which lobbies will be available to you when looking for a game to join—only your standing matters. For example, if I have 20+ commends and 0 reports, and someone else has 5 commends and 0 reports, we both only have a “good” standing. The fact I have 15 more commends than the other person means nothing in terms of which lobbies we can join.

That being said, commends and reports are each halved every week (for me it happens every Thursday). If you have 20+ commends, your “good” standing will just last longer (Week 1: “20 commends”, Week 2: “10 commends”, Week 3: “5 commends”—all are considered “good” standings).

If you mostly play with friends, you might not make it out of “neutral” very often since you can’t commend friends. I used to get commends a lot back when I had under 400 hours or so, but I mostly just play with friends nowadays so it’s fairly uncommon for me to get commends.

Does standing really affect visible lobbies? Never knew that. Good thing I’m mostly good standing when I’m active.

It doesn’t affect anything at all, it’s just for you and only you can see it.

1/2 every week? Isn’t that pretty much? Thats why i always have just about 2 commends even though I have over 160 hours on Steam :confused: Newbies must be on 0. This system is not balanced well. Even if every tenth player I met knew about ratings, I would still be on neutral. But players don’t rate others at all.

When I was still playing with randoms I always had around 10-15 commends, if you really enjoyed playing with few of them go ahead and first hit commend button, they will do probably the same. I don’t see a problem at all :slight_smile:

That’s what I always thought.

My details might not be 100%, but I know it’s not a meaningless cosmetic stat. Arrowhead explained it vaguely before somewhere.

In our Support center FAQ there is more to read about Standing, Commends and Reports (plus many other things) :slight_smile:

https://arrowhead.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/categories/115000114333-Helldivers-FAQ

Yeah I saw it long time ago, but I don’t think it works anymore. I never noticed it.

That standing doesn’t work anymore? It should have the same functionality as before, we haven’t made any changes.

With my “good standing” rude and toxic players could still join me. I expect them to be in a “bad standing” I’m not sure if they were.

Maybye it’s caused by community. As i told before. Players simply don’t know they can rate others, based on theirs behavioral. And the: “halve it each week” function is pretty bad. Maybye it would work in game like Overwatch with 40 millions players., where everyone wants to rate everyone. But here? :smiley: Hah… even active players can’t get more than few ratings. Why halving it so often?