Today marks 5 years since the release of Helldivers

Helldivers turns 5 years old today! :fire:

To celebrate we would like to share this original concept art from the very first stages of development. It’s a lot of fun to see how something so simple turned into something we would be proud of forever.

Thank you so much to the whole community for your continuous support on Helldivers after 5 years…Because of you all, we are still here, and still able to continue making games.
CHEERS WITH A CUP OF LIBER-TEAAA!

6 Likes

Happy Anniversary!

5 Likes

This means it’s almost 5 years since I bought a PlayStation Vita ONLY to play Helldivers. :sunglasses: (well, if Sony had reconfigured some PSP classics like Killzone: Liberation and SOCOM: Tactical Strike to use the Vita’s extra thumbpad…)

ONLY to find out that throwing grenades accurately with a back thumb swipe on a Vita is like trying to pat your belly and rub your head simultaneously while juggling (or vice-versa :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

AND to find out there’s no way on a Vita to add a player to your PSN friends list. Also that playing Vita online via a Vita on WiFi is not the most reliable means of connection. :crazy_face:

In spite of all that, a few weeks on Vita was enough for me to fall in love with the game, and so when the PC version was announced later in 2015, I was over the moon. :heart_eyes:

Oh gosh, how I wish the only significant thing going on in the world THIS March was Helldivers launching…