What the Testament?

Arrowhead spotted at GDC wearing Testament gear…:thinking::thinking:

4 Likes

It is a real testament to our love of Arrowhead games that even though their last game released back in 2015, we are still following them excited about any morsel of news about their next game.

1 Like

Surely we should be getting some game teasers soon ? ? ?

:wink:

If it is being worked on for PS5 launch, then I don’t think we will hear anything about it until E3 2020

1 Like

Maybe this is like “Revenge of the Jedi” or “Blue Harvest” on clapper board signs during filming of “Return of the Jedi” in 1982-1983? A Red Herring to throw fans off the scent. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yeah I know most of the folks here weren’t even born then. :laughing:

btw, I had to quit playing The Division 2 due to debilitating motion sickness (despite it being a 3rd person game). Which I think cinches it that I won’t care about Arrowhead’s next cause I largely can’t even play 3rd person games without getting sick anymore. :sob: Don’t ask me why I can play FPS Killing Floor 2 all night long without nausea. :slight_smile:

Is this ‘testament’ something that already exists or a new concept. I looked up the word and found an Amiga game. So, is it an old or a new testament?

1 Like

Definitely a new Testament haha

I always liked that one better anyways, less information about who begot who and applicable trade-values of various cattle. Will be cool to find out what it actually is.

1 Like

I figured Arrowhead is just “repenting” for its “endorsement” of “Hell” all these years by making a game with a more positive religious overtone… :church:

Maybe it’ll be a tactical Angels game… :angel:

1 Like

Hell in Helldivers had nothing to do with Hell from non Super Earth religions

Testament

• a person’s will, especially the part relating to personal property
  • something that serves as a sign or evidence of a specified fact, event, or quality

I imagine whatever Arrowhead’s next game will be about, it will be subverting the setup in some way.

If they didn’t mean “Hell” the way we mean “Hell,” why would they use the word at all?

They could’ve just called the game…

Puffdivers

And I think you mean INVERTING, since the “A” on the back of the event shirt is clearly an upside down V. :laughing:

1. Invert: To turn upside down. :upside_down_face:

So I theorize the game is all about people running around upside down. Maybe anti-grav?

1 Like

Most people that use the word “Hell” don’t mean the Hell from non Super Earth religions

For example:

What the hell?

Edit: All that said, when Arrowhead used Inner Circle of Hell for difficulty level 15, that is a reference to Dante’s Inferno which is a reference to the Hell from non Super Earth religions. But this again is just a pun / play on words and not to be taken literally.