Since Arrowhead is still quiet on their next project (presumably called Testament), I am left to believe they are preparing it as a PS5 launch title.
Some of the finer details here for those that don’t bother reading the full article
- CPU 8 Core from AMD’s Ryzen line
- GPU from Radeon’s Navi family including support for ray tracing (would be first for gaming console)
- Ray tracing useful for both visual effects and improved audio immersion in 3D gaming worlds
- The AMD chip will include custom unit for 3D audio.
- The current PSVR headset is compatible with the new console
- Included storage will be a very fast SSD (over 15x faster than a market SSD you can put in PS4 Pro)
- Will support 8K graphics
- Still supports physical media (game disks aren’t dead)
- Backward-compatible with PS4
Sounds like something I will be getting at launch. The key being backward-compatible with PS4. I like that it will still support the current PSVR headset, but I would like updated PS Move controllers or just something new fully replacing Move controllers that are more like Oculus or Hive controllers.